PartnerDirect Phone: 416-865-5338
Office Phone: 416-365-9320
Phone: 416-365-9320 x455
Phone: 416-365-9320 x130
Phone: 416-365-9320 x127
David Altshuller is a partner at Teplitsky LLP.
David has a broad based corporate/commercial litigation practice with an emphasis on franchise disputes, estate matters, shareholder disputes, insolvency/restructuring proceedings, construction disputes and property/leasing matters. When required, he can assemble and manage a team of lawyers across a variety of practice areas in order to deal with his clients' issues in a thorough and cost-effective manner.
David has spoken at numerous conferences and seminars sponsored by, among others, the Ontario Bar Association and the Canadian Franchise Association.
From 2014 onward, David has been selected by his peers and recognized by Lexpert®, Best Lawyers International, Best Lawyers in Canada and Who's Who Legal Canada. David is also ranked by Chambers and Partners as a Recognized Practitioner in Franchising.
- B.A., University of Toronto (1993)
- J.D., Osgoode Hall Law School (2004)
- Enforcing and Defending a Claim for Statutory Rescission (with Jeffrey P. Hoffman) – Ontario
- Bar Association 10 th Annual Franchise Law Conference (2010)
- Annual Legal Update (with Allan D.J. Dick) - Ontario Bar Association 11 th Annual Franchise Law Conference (2011)
- Discovery Plans and E-Discovery - What Does a Good Discovery Plan Look Like? (with Brian N. Radnoff) – Osgoode Professional Development (2011)
- Determination and Calculation of Damages Pursuant to Sections 6 and 7 of the Arthur Wishart Act (Franchise Disclosure), 2000, S.O. 2000, c. 3 – Ontario Bar Association Annual Institute (2013)
- Lawyer Conduct Disclosed: Potential Liability of Franchise Counsel for Failure to Comply with Franchise Disclosure Requirements (with Karen Granofsky and Darrell Jarvis) - Ontario Bar Association 14 th Annual Franchise Law Conference (2014)
- Franchising in Ontario – The Duty of Good Faith, Fair Dealing… and Honesty? (with Darrell Jarvis and Craig Bellefontaine) - Ontario Bar Association Annual Institute (2015)
- Quick Service Justice? – Franchise Litigation Under the New Summary Judgment Regime (with Derek Ronde) – Canadian Franchise Association Law Day (2015)
- Hitting the Moving Target: The Ongoing Evolution of Good Faith and Fair Dealing in Franchising (forthcoming with Derek Ronde, Paul Bates and Jean-Marc Leclerc) - Ontario Bar Association 15 th Annual Franchise Law Conference (2015)
Listed by Lexpert® as an expert in Franchising Law (2014 - 2022)
Listed in Best Lawyers International (2015 - 2022)
Listed in Who's Who Canada Legal (2015 - 2022)
Recognized Practitioner in Franchising in Chambers and Partners (2019-2022)
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Canadian/Ontario Bar Association
- American Bar Association (Forum on Franchising and Litigation Sections)
- The Advocates' Society
- Metropolitan Toronto Lawyers' Association
- Canadian Franchise Association